This week has been a rough one. To be honest, the worse I've had in a long time! I feel that lately, I have been able to pull away from negative thoughts that come to mind as well as feelings of low self worth. These are things that I have struggled with in my teenage years as well as early marriage, but something I feel that I have slowly been able to overcome. Then this week hit, and all of it started pouring on me again. I was getting angry about things for no reason. I started self doubting myself. I was being distant from Douglas and impatient with the Kids. What made it even more frustrating for me, was that I had tried so hard this week to read my scriptures, pray daily, write in my journal, as well as keep up on all of my daily responsibilities as an employee, Mother, and Wife.
Then it hit me Yesterday. After having an argument with Douglas, I was sitting alone in my office. I had all of these nonsense thoughts running through my head. I looked over on my desk and saw the music I had been practicing for Women's Conference. I grabbed the music, and while reading the words, remembered on what our Choir director, Sister Jolley had told us that Sunday. She encouraged us to go above and beyond with our scripture study and prayer, which I had, but the thing I forgot, was her saying, that even though you'll be involving yourself with all of these spirtual things, it will most likely be a trying and hard time in your life this week. Satan doesn't like the efforts you'll be making, and will do all He can to bring you down. I then realized on what had happened!! I let Satan get a hold of me!! With all of the good things I've done in the week, He was piling on the bad that finally let me forget the good! Then and there, I fell on my knees sobbing to Heavenly Father and apologizing for how weak I'd become in letting the destroyer over take me. After my prayer, I felt this huge burden leave me and all of those negative feelings I had minutes before, left.
I know this is more in depth than on some other things I usually blog about, but I wanted to share this experience with whoever reads this. First off, Satan is there, I know it, i have felt Him, but most importantly, Heavenly Father and His Angels are right there with You to fight Him off, especially at your lowest.
I now am continuing my goals, but also having a better outlook and power to overcome the Destroyer. I am grateful to have had this realization and look forward with a better peace and understanding of life's adversity.





2 comments:
I love those 'ah-hah' moments. I had something similar this week too. I'm sorry it was a rough week - now I wish even more that we were able to get together on Friday. Well we'll definitely have to plan a day this week. Hope it's a better one.
This is just what I needed today! Thanks! We really need to get together sometime soon. Let me know if any time this next month works for you guys, we could do dinner at our house,your house,out, just let e know!
Post a Comment