Friday, September 10, 2010

3 Times A Charm

Today, Douglas and I wanted to go to Temple Square with the kids, since He didn't have to work. When we got there, we decided to go over by the reflecting pool by the temple. Not even 5 minutes of being there, Haiden was running, tripped, and fell on a rock ledge that gashed his head open!! I was sitting right where he fell and could hear the horrible sound it made when He hit. Instantly, it started bleeding everywhere! Some guys were walking by and called security to come and get a first aid kit to bandage it up until we got to the hospital. When he hit it, he started crying and was upset, mainly with the bleeding, but once we got to the doctor's, he stopped crying and was such a brave boy through the whole numbing process and stitching. He ended up having to get 4 interior stitches as well as 5 exterior stitches. What a Day!! For us, we have had to deal with this 2 other times, just about a month ago, when he got a little gash above his eye at the park, as well as during Christmas of 2008 when he got 4 staples in the back of his head from falling off a chair and landing on a window ledge at Deseret Book! What is up with that? 2 of the times we are somewhere involving the church, and this happens to us!! Kind of funny actually!! Anyways, I am just so impressed on what a trooper Haiden is!! He is one tough cookie I tell ya!! Not sure who he gets that from! I am the biggest baby with things like this, same as Douglas!! So here are some pictures from his previous wounds and today. Just to warn you, they are quite gory!!!!


Christmas 2008



A Month ago



Today






5 comments:

Bill and Laurie Wilson said...

Maybe he should wear his bike helmet all the time.What a trooper.

The Slider Family said...

So very sad, poor guy! I tell you these boys are a handfull! Mason has had two sets of stitches by 4, not near as bad as these ones Haden had and that sucked enough..poor you too! Oh and he has broken two bones, almost three when we were in the ER Thur, luckily it was only a contusion this time. Take care, and I'm going with the wear the helmet all the time thought..lol!!

Brittany and Rob said...

Poor thing! I'm scared for Easton to grow up because everyone says how much trouble boys are!

EA said...

Yikes, that gash is HUGE! Poor little guy. I was just commenting to Paul that I'm not excited for that part of having a boy, but that's the way it goes.

Savannah said...

omygosh. that is huge!! They're all huge! I'm glad he's okay!