Sunday, September 26, 2010

Women's Conference



Last night was such an amazing experience for me!! As I've said in previous postings, I got to sing in the choir for Women's Conference. At 1 pm, we all rode in buses to the Conference Center where we got settled, ran through our songs with the camera crew and lights, ate a lunch they provided for us, and before we knew it, we were ready to go out and sing. Sitting there and looking out at all of the Women who attended was so neat! It's crazy how quickly it filled!

In the choir looking at us, I was the third row from the top on the very far right side. I really liked where I was! That is the side President Monson walks in from. I was immediately overcome with the spirit when he entered. It was so neat to see Him that close!

I'm sure most of You will agree on how good the Conference was! Being able to sing for the world, was an experience I will NEVER forget!! I felt the spirit so strongly! There were so many times while singing where I had to hold back my tears due to the power I felt from the songs! I am so so blessed to have had the opportunity and will always cherish that time I had, not only while performing, but with the weekly practices we had, the spirit we felt as a choir, and the wonderful friends I made! I wish everyone I know to have an experience like I had!!


5 comments:

Savannah said...

Saw you on tv! I was so excited to see someone I knew :) You looked so great! Good for you- I'm happy you got this experience, my mom did it 2 yrs ago and she was on cloud nine she loved it soo much. Being in the same room as the prophet and other amazing leaders and singing for them must have been awesome!

Krystal said...

you did wonderful we saw and heard you. What a wonderful opportunity.

Steve and Brooke said...

Freakin love your hair right now....keep growing it out and blonde!!:)

Brittany and Rob said...

You are so talented amanda! What an amazing opportunity!

Kara Simmons. said...

That's so cool Amanda! What a good experience.