A while back, I wrote about a book I had read called "A Future For Tomorrow" about Haley Hatch Freeman who struggled with anorexia and how she conquered her illness. Yesterday, she was on Good Things Utah where not only she talked about the book, but how we as parents can watch for signs with our own children as well as how we ourselves, viewing our own body images, can put in effect on our Kids as well. That really opened my eyes because I am such a critic with myself in pretty much everything and I realized having Mekenzie and even Haiden see the negative things I say about myself can one day have them feel the same way. I pray they don't have the thoughts and feelings that I have had and now have realized that I need to be more positive with myself and show that to them so they can see that upon themselves too. Not sure if that makes sense, but I learned a great lesson from it!! Here's a link to the video if you'd like to watch it!
A Future For Tomorrow
1 comment:
What a good reminder. Our little kids are smart, and they learn SO much more than just what we are trying to teach them! I think we can ALL use this reminder!
Post a Comment