Can I just say how hard it's been to get Mekenzie potty trained? Seriously! I thought Haiden was hard, but nothing compared to what Mekenzie has put me through! I mean, she has no interest in going potty. I bought her cute underwear to try and get her excited, but no, she treats them just like pull ups. We lately have tried bribing her with a cute princess potty chart and that if she's good to go potty, she'll get to go the Big Castle in Disneyland and see Tinkerbell, which in a way has gotten her more attentive to that, but as many times as we talk about going potty on "the rabbit" (that's what we call her potty) and how many times she answers where she is supposed to go, she always has accident after accident! What do I do? Should I back down a little bit? She's 2 1/2 which isn't horrible, but I just feel like she should be good about it by now. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!
4 comments:
I don't claim to be an expert...or even good at potty training, I just know that NOTHING worked for Valerie until we found the "potty watch!" I bought it at kid to kid and you can set a timer to go of every 30, 60, or 90 minutes. It plays a cute song letting her know that it is time to go potty. I would ask Valerie 5 seconds before it would go off, "Can we go potty?" and she would freak out and say no and then the second the watch went off she would gasp, look down at the watch and run for the potty. I loved it because it wasn't me telling her to go potty it was the watch and somehow she was fine with the watch telling her to go but not me. Sorry for the rediculously long comment. Good luck with potty training!!
Obviously I haven't had any personal experience with this yet, but I do know that a from a few friends and family members that sometimes you just have to wait until they're ready. Sometimes there isn't much a parent can do (if they've tried about everything) but wait until they're more receptive to the idea.
This may or may not be good advice. haha sorry.
Thanks You Guys!! Any advice is good advice at this point :)
we tried everything with kaydence... potty watch, charts, a gumball machine, money for heaven sake and nothing worked til she was ready! we just backed off and waited til one day she decided she wanted to go. some kids are just more stubborn and wanna do what they wanna do. no one says she has to be potty trained by a certain age. some times u haveto giveup a little control to get it. good luck, hope it gets better! :)
Post a Comment