So as most of you know, I will be participating in a Triathalon on June 5th. So far, I've been doing quite well with my training. I've been really working on my cycling, since I've never done it before, and let me just say, it's a lot harder than I thought it would be!! My knees aren't the greatest either, but they say the more I do it, the easier it'll be on my joints! I'm growing to like it though! It will be nice when the weather gets warmer, then I can do more of my training outside! I have also been swimming a lot, which I LOVE!! I have always been a decent swimmer which will be a huge advantage, since most people struggle the most with it! I just love the feeling of getting stronger, every time I swim!! As for the running, I feel pretty confident that I won't have any problems with it, since this one is a shorter distance and all! The transition I think will be the trickiest for me!! Starting in March, I will be doing a much more intense training up till the Triathalon. It'll be good for me! I am so excited to accomplish this goal! It'll give me an idea on what it is like, and eventually it'll get me worked up in doing a full Triathalon! Scary to think about, but definitley something to look forward too!! If any of you want to give me pointers on anything, maybe those that have done triathalons, marathons, ect, I would really appreciate it!!!
4 comments:
You know my advice...once you hit that wall and feel like you can't possibly take one more step...you will feel a huge power over take your body...a feeling a hope everyone can experience!!! Get er dun. Our bodies are very much so equipped and capable to do things our minds don't think they can....
I think it is so neat that you are doing one! I would love to but I hate running!!! My co-worker did a few in New York she said the bike was the hardest and that you really need to get out on the road and practice vs just spinning classes. She learned that the hard way:)
That's WAY cool that you are doing a triathlon. Big accomplishment.
I wonder a little about races like the century (100 mile bike ride), though. Paul tells me how there comes a point where crazy races like can actually be detrimental for your body because your pushing it (your organs, etc) to the brink of death.
I suppose all in all it is a good thing to do races if you train and prepare yourself and don't go too overboard.
Good luck. I don't think you'll have anything to be nervous about because you seem like someone who accomplishes their goals. :)
I say way to go girl...wish I were joining you. Maybe next year. Doctor said my body couldn't do it this year would cause way to much dammage to my knee. I say what does he know he said he fixed it in the surgery but it is worse now so maybe I need to think referse psychology and just go for it and prove him wrong. Wish we lived closer I would love to go biking with you...you would leave me in the dust but it would be fun just the same.
Post a Comment