Thursday, June 9, 2011

In Loving Memory...


Yesterday, Trisha and I sang at Chad Wade's funeral. He was one of the 4 men who died in the plane crash last week in Wendover. Our good friend Jenny is his sister and they asked us to sing. I met Chad a few times. He was a really sweet guy who was very driven in the things he did! He was also a successful businessman who was a huge influence to many people. The funeral was so good! All of the siblings spoke in which they shared stories and memories of Chad. One thing that was so neat was all the women in the family wore ties of Chad's and the men wore his suits and ties that were tailored to their sizes. You could tell just what an amazing person he was even if you hadn't met him. I don't think there was a single dry eye in the congregation. Trisha and I sang last. We were asked to sing Josh Groban's "You raise me up." We had a violinist play with us which turned out beautiful! I am so honored to have been a part of the funeral. May Chad's parents, siblings, 4 children, and other family feel peace and comfort knowing Chad is in a better place watching over them!

No comments: