Working for jetBlue and traveling standby is quite the adventure!! My Sister Amie and her little one Ava came and visited from Texas this last weekend. Getting here was not an issue for Her, but checking the flights going home, they were really iffy, especially getting from SLC to LGB because of how many standby were listed. So late last night, I decided I would get listed with her so she can be moved up and have a guaranteed seat assignment. It was a 630 am from SLC to LGB and then I was going to hop right back on a return flight that left at 805 from LGB. Of course with my luck, that wasn't the case! The flight from SLC was delayed due to deicing of the plane and some other maintenance issues. I was cutting it really close to make it, but as we were pulling into the gate, the other flight was leaving :( which meant the next flight wasn't till 235 this afternoon, which led me stuck in LGB for a bit!! It really ended up working out good cause Amie's flight to Austin didn't leave till 130, so her and I had quite the fun time at the airport. If you've been to the LGB airport, there isn't much to do there. At first we tried finding transportation to the mall that was about 3 miles away, but with the cost of a taxi, it really wasn't worth it. So, we decided to hang outside for a while and eat lunch at their restaurant there. It was just so nice to spend time with her one on one and with how tired we both were from getting up early and not sleeping much, we were quite giddy and probably making fools out of ourselves, but heck, I don't care cause it was the most fun I've had in a long time!! I love Amie so much!! She is such a great Sister. Flying to California for a day and helping her turned out to be so worth it!!!
4 comments:
What a nice sister you are, seriously!
You ARE a nice sister! Sound like you had fun. :)
I hate flying standby...ryan used to work at Skywest.
I knew you were the high life jet-setter type ;)
Post a Comment