The other night, I was flipping through the channels and came across the 25th Anniversary of Les Miserables on PBS. It was the newest cast I had seen celebrating 25 amazing years of the Musical. I was very impressed with all of the talent they had in the cast, especially one who surprised me was Nick Jonas, one of the Jonas Brothers who played Marius in the Musical. I was amazed on how well he played the part and his voice was amazing! I had seen the musical after I graduated HighSchool which was amazing in itself, but Man!! just watching that cast perform on TV was like I was actually there and I just can't get over how much I LOVE the music!! It took me back to when I used to sing all the songs on the original cast cd when I was little. No wonder why it's stayed so popular throughout all these years! If you haven't seen it, You must!! I just found out that Les Mis is coming to Salt Lake from May 25 to June 5th at the Capitol Theatre. I am definitely going to get some tickets for Douglas and I!! Oh ya, and I thought I'd put the music on my playlist incase you haven't listened to the music!!
Bradyn is FIVE!
10 years ago






2 comments:
I absolutely LOVE that musical!
In middle school I performed a solo for one of the songs for a choir performance (back before I let my stage fright get the best of me).
Also, I really like the movie version with Claire Daines as Cosette, Liam Neeson as Jean Valjean, and Uma Thurman as Cosette's mother. The only bad part is that they don't have the music.
I also saw it at Pioneer theater and it made me LOVE to see musicals. So powerful. Someday I hope to see it on Broadway.
Amanda - This is Cody and I know that you posted this a while ago, but Ashley and I went and saw this live. Sort of. It was broadcast live all throughout the world and I bought Tickets to it for Ashley's birthday. We watched it in a movie theater in Provo with a packed stadium and millions of other people. It was awesome and we had a great time! I don't know if PBS showed it or not, but after the play they brought out the original cast and sang the songs together.
Post a Comment