Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentines Weekend

This Valentines was a little bit different than planned, but turned out to be really nice. Douglas and I were going to go out Saturday and celebrate, but due to some lovely financial issues on our car, we decided it'd be best to wait and go out another time. I was bummed at first, but tried to make the best of it. Douglas ended up making me dinner that night and then I went to my Friend's Bridal Shower which was a lot of fun! Sunday, I didn't go to church because of Mekenzie not feeling well and being a pill that morning, but I got to Sing at one of Jenny Phillip's Firesides that evening in Nephi. I carpooled with Her and a couple of other Girls in the choir. It was really nice to talk with them and get to know a little bit more about each other! Jenny is an awesome lady!! The fireside as always was such an enlightment for me! The spirit is SO strong every time I sing!! I just love it :) Then Yesterday for Valentines, I had to work most of the day, but got off a little early to watch Douglas play 2 different Basketball Games. He normally only plays one every Monday, but they were behind a week and needed to catch up with another team. Anyways, it was really fun to go. He plays with my Brothers and cousins, so it's always fun to have all the family around supporting them! So, even though we didn't get our special night out that we had wanted, we still had a great weekend! I definitely felt the LOVE!!!

3 comments:

Tasha said...

Hey Amanda - thanks for "friending" me on facebook. :) I hope we get to do more firesides together. I was so impressed with it and am so thrilled to be in the group. It was so great carpooling and getting to know you. It will be fun to keep up with you on your blog. (And now you've got me wanting a massage real bad!) =)

The Fords said...

I'm glad you had a great V day weekend! It's really all about just spending time with those you love. :) Happy V day!!

Jen @ Love, the Arthurs said...

And then you got your SURPRISE date!!! We missed you guys, but so glad you got some date time!