Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Is it worth it??

Ok, so I am going to vent. I don't want this to sound rude or the "poor me" kind of stuff, but I am frustrated, VERY frustrated!! Ok, here it goes. Lately, I have really made the effort to try and reach out to those in my Family as well as certain Friends that are in my life. I am the one who calls to ask them how they are doing, ask them if they want to get together, ect. SO, I was thinking the other Day, and I thought to myself, When was the last time someone called Me to see how I've been and so forth, and very few have done so. Am I really not that important?? I mean, I understand that life gets busy and crazy and that it IS hard to keep close relationships outside of your own Family, But still, I just have felt gipped with certain relationships that have been in my life. So I ask myself, is it worth it? Do I just keep chugging along and make the efforts? Or do I end ties with those that have not been as close with me and move on? It's really hard, because a lot is my Family and i just don't know what to do anymore. Am I the only one who feels this way or what?? Anyways, just thinking...

3 comments:

Abraham + Marci said...

Amanda I totally know how you feel! I feel like the one in my family that always calls everyone and organizes stuff. When anything goes wrong they all call me because I am usually the first to find out and then in charge of letting everyone else know what is going on. It is hard. I have tried to step back from this a bit. And it is kinda nice not to be in the middle of everything. I just try not to stress over it which is hard. Good luck!
Love you!

Bill and Laurie Wilson said...

I'm guilty of being a Facebook and Blog peeker. I Love to follow what everyone is doing and enjoy the pictures which are posted with the stories of everyones busy lives but will seldom leave a comment. You and Douglas have done your share to stay in touch and I for one appreciate it. We loave you and tell Douglas to be careful out there with the snow.

Steve and Brooke said...

I love you Amanda...you are such a great person...Try not to stress over these thoughts. Anyone would be lucky to have you in their life.:)