Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 9: My Health, Talents, and Well Being

Being a girl and always finding flaws about myself, has pretty much been a part of me my whole life. Thinking about it and seeing how silly it is, has opened my eyes on things. I might not have the perfect body, hair, looks ect, but why should that matter when I have been blessed with the good health I have of being able to do a lot of the things that others may not. I am so grateful to be in the shape I'm in to do all of the races I participate in. I love every minute of it and feel so much joy in accomplishing them.

Recently, I just started to dance and perform again, and I am so grateful to have the opportunity at my age. It makes me so happy and I enjoy sharing my musical talents. I am also so blessed to be in Jenny Phillip's choir. It is a huge testimony builder for me as well as an awesome way to share the gospel.

I am so blessed to have had the experiences so far in my life that have made me stronger physically, emotionally, and spiritually. I went through quite a bit in my childhood and have suffered on and off with depression. What I am grateful for is the help I've had to understand myself and to accept the weaknesses in my life. It has motivated me to be a better person and to not focus so much on the bad, but the good that has come out of it. I am so much stronger as a person and know I wouldn't be if I didn't have those trials in my life!

No comments: