This past weekend, we went and visited Douglas' parents in Colorado. Bill has an annual BBQ he puts together for family, and since we hadn't been there in over a year, we wanted to go! They live in Red Mesa on about 55 acres of land. Living in the city my whole life, it was definitely something getting used to at first, but now I am completely in love with the country! It is just so peaceful and simple out there.
Bill and Susan have a cute little home as well as the barn which they recently added a cool loft and bathroom in it. We were lucky enough to stay in there! It reminded me a lot of the mountain hideaway room we stayed in at Anniversary Inn. So fun! The kids got to sleep on the top of the loft where you had to climb a ladder to get there. They thought it was the coolest thing ever!
Uncle Lon and Aunt Josie came as well as Bill's brother Charles, his wife Joni, and Grandson Vaughn. We had a great time together! The guys helped Bill with the roof on the barn, we rode horses, played on the tire swing, had amazing food, watched movies, and played games. For the BBQ, Bill cooked different meats in the pit he has in the ground and it is SO dang good! We had pulled pork sandwiches and beef. The best stuff ever!
I always tell Douglas that if I had a choice to move there, I'd be there in a heartbeat! I just LOVE it there!! It just makes you forget all the hustle and bustle of the craziness that goes on!
Thank You Bill and Susan for having us!! It was such a fun weekend! Hope to visit again soon!












5 comments:
So much fun!! I really want to go sometime...it looks amazingly relaxing!
I can't wait to get there, should be with in the year when Lon and I relocate. We love it there as well and can't wait to become the farmer wife....it may not last but it is going to be fun trying. Loved spending time with you and the kids they are so dang cute. Loved the rain it was awesome as it had been awhile since they had any moisture. It is a ways to town but Durango is a cute little town reminds me of Park City.
That looks like a fun little getaway. Glad you got to visit with family and their place sounds amazing. I like that Paul is from a simple, small town too.
Such beautiful kids you have!
How fun!
Post a Comment