Sunday, July 3, 2011

Friendship

Recently, I have had a lot of thought on friendship and what it means to me as a person.
There are many so called "friends" in my life that I involve myself with here and there, but it's crazy how few is considered a TRUE friend of mine. It's made me realize the importance of friendship, who matters most to me in my life, and the things I want to do myself as a person to be the friend others would want. Here is a little poem I found that pretty much explains my thoughts on what a friend should be.


Friends

A friend is someone we turn to
when our spirits need a lift.
A friend is someone we treasure
for our friendship is a gift.
A friend is someone who fills our lives
with beauty, joy, and grace.
And makes the whole world we live in
a better and happier place.

- Jean Kyler McManus -

3 comments:

Steve and Brooke said...

I love that poem!!!

Abraham + Marci said...

Amen!

Brittany and Rob said...

You are such a great friend Amanda! Thanks for always being there for me! :)