About a week ago, my Dad went in to the eye doctor for an annual eye checkup. The doctor had noticed a little growth on his eye, which he has had for quite sometime, but this visit had worried the doctor. They did some tests just to make sure it wasn't anything serious. Then a few days later, they called my parents to have them come in and talk. The doctor thinks he has Melanoma which is the worse type of skin cancer. They don't know the severity of it, but they sent the tests to a cancer center In Boston. We are just waiting now to get the final results.
I just feel horrible that my Dad, out of all people, will have to go through this!! He is an AMAZING person who works so hard for the family. I love him dearly and am just hoping and praying he'll be alright.
Bradyn is FIVE!
10 years ago





2 comments:
Amanda this stinks! I am really sorry to hear that! My mom has had melanoma before. It was scary and she had to have surgery to have it removed but it all worked out ok. She goes into the dr every couple of months to have everything checked out. They have found a few other spots and have had them removed too, but really it isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be for her when we first found out. I really hope and pray the best for him since it isn't fun either way! Keep us posted!
Oh and congrats on the house! That is so exciting!
That's terrible! I'm sorry to hear that he has melanoma.
Paul's grandpa has it and he has had to have areas of his skin removed and grafted, but he has done very well with it. Keep the faith!
Post a Comment