Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Can't Sleep!!

These past few weeks, I have had the hardest time falling asleep!! My mind goes into this whole thinking mode where I have constant thoughts running through my head. I think about the past, what's going on now like work, the kids, ect, things that I want for the future, and so on. It's been driving me crazy!!! I try to just block it out, but then something else comes into mind and it consumes my head. I usually end up getting out of bed and to the computer, like I am now and stay up until I am completely exhausted. I don't know what to do! My family would say, just take an ambien or something, but I would really prefer staying away from medicine. I know it helps, but I don't want to have to rely on something to make me sleep! Any suggestions?? I am getting so frustrated! 

AMANDA

2 comments:

EA said...

Hmmm... that is a tough one. Usually when I have a hard time sleeping it is because:
A) I'm stressed about something,
B) My diet-too much sugar, etc.,
or
C) exercise-not enough or doing it at night and then having a hard time falling asleep.

I would suggest looking at those things and compare what has changed from when you could sleep to now. You may find it to be a change in one of those areas or something completely different.

-OR- Google it. The internet sometimes has good ideas. (Web MD?)

The Slider Family said...

I love melatonin. It is a natrual chemical your body produces to sleep. Sometimes we don't produce enough to sleep and taking a pill form of it for a few days helps your body produce it again.you get it from the health food store, it helps me a ton!